Whole Food Plant Based Banana Bread
For a treat that feels decadent but isn't TOO bad, try this banana bread!
Servings: 12 pieces
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup oat flour make by grinding old fashioned oats in your food processor
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mace optional, but nice if you happen to have it
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pureed ripe banana the riper the better
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk whatever you have on hand, plain or vanilla
- 1/4 cup maple syrup if your bananas were really ripe you might be able to knock this down to 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped dates if sticky, toss with a tablespoon of the flour to keep from clumping before adding
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 8" square baking pan with parchment paper, spray lightly with oil, if you use, or use a silicon baking pan.
In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine the pureed banana, milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Add the wet mixture to the dry, then fold in the chopped dates, and stir through until just well combined.
Pour batter into pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden and a toothpick or inserted in the center comes out clean. You can also press the center of the bread with your finger and it will bounce back when done.
Calories: 140kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0.1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.02g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.02g | Sodium: 180mg | Potassium: 93mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g