Pumpkin Sage Pasta
Stock up on pumpkin when it's on sale and you'll feast on this all year!
- 8 oz. dried penne pasta $0.50
- 3 cloves garlic minced ($0.15)
- 1/2 onion diced ($0.25)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened unflavored soy milk ($0.28)
- 3/4 cups pumpkin puree canned or pre-cooked ($0.48)
- 1 ¼ teaspoon dried sage $0.11
- 1/2 tsp. salt or to taste ($0.02)
- Black pepper to taste fresh ground ($0.01)
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
In a medium-sized pot or large frying pan, saute garlic and onion in olive oil 3-5 minutes. Add the sage and heat for another minute. Reduce heat to low, and add the soy milk, pumpkin, and sage. Stir gently to combine ingredients.
Simmer until flavors are well combined, about 8-10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper then add pasta and cook on low until heated through.
$1.80/recipe $0.45/serving Splurge and add some steamed broccoli!
The costs were all calculated using Kroger’s online shopping feature but these prices do reflect what we usually see in the store. I picked the cheapest option, usually the store brand.
Calories: 250kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 262mg | Potassium: 305mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 7244IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 88mg | Iron: 2mg