Black salt gives this the eggy taste reminiscent of egg salad.
Servings: 4 sandwiches
- 1 pound firm or extra firm tofu pressed well and drained
- 1 carrot shredded
- 1 celery stalk finely diced
- 2 tablespoons onion finely diced
- 1/4 cup dill or sweet pickle relish drained well
- 1/2 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon kala namak or black salt use the larger amount if you want it eggier but remember that it's also salt and adjust your salt accordingly
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric optional, just for color
- 3-4 tablespoons vegan mayonaise
Crumble the tofu into a bowl with your hands or mash with a fork.
Crumble tofu into a bowl with your hands or mash with a fork.
Add all of the remaining ingredients and mix well. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
Serve on fresh or toasted bread, on top of greens, or with a side of saltine crackers.
Note: the nutritional information provided is created using an online calculator. It is only meant to be a rough guideline. For best results, calculate the nutritional information yourself with the exact ingredients and amounts that you use.
Calories: 200kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 0.4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 504mg | Potassium: 260mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g