Mango Jicama Salad
A refreshing side on a hot summer day!
- 1 medium jicama about 1 pound, peeled and cut into strips or diced
- 2 small cucumbers peeled, seeded, and cut into strips or diced
- 3 medium mangoes peeled and cut into strips or diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 teaspoons Tajin seasoning or mild ground chilies like ancho
- 2 limes juiced
- salt to taste
Prepare jicama, cucumbers, and mangoes. Cut into sticks or dice, your choice. Both present nicely.
Combine all ingredients and chill before serving. If using Tajin seasoning, you'll probably need less salt. It'll be juicy, so serve with a slotted spoon.
Tajin seasoning can be found at many grocery stores with an international section. Ancho chili powder is a good substitute for this mango jicama salad recipe. Any other mild to medium chili powder will also be nice.
Amazon Affiliate Link
Calories: 134kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0.1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Sodium: 507mg | Potassium: 500mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 19g